Dispase II (Neutral Protease) is an optimal emzyme for isolation of primary epithelial cells.
It provides gentle but effective seperation of epithelial and stromal cells, allowing populations of high purity to be seeded into primary culture.
It cleaves fibronectin, collagen IV, and to a lesser extent collagen I, and can be used to separate epithelial tissues from underlying mesenchyma.
Our dispase product CnT-DNP-10 is provided as 5 x 100 mg (approx) powder aliquots. Powder amounts may vary from lot-to-lot, due to differing activities.
Each 100 mg aliquot is sufficient to make up 40 mL of 1x solution, which is sufficient for 2-4 isolations (depending on quantity of tissue used). Final 1x concentration after solubilisation will be 2.4 U/mL.
With 5 powder aliquots in total, CnT-DNP-10 is thus sufficient for up to 20 isolations.
For recommended isolation protocols, please see the Isolation Protocols page.
Dispase II, Neutral Protease, 5 x 0.1 gram
Dispase® is a neutral protease which cleaves fibronectin, collagen IV, and to a lesser extent collagen I, and can be used to separate epithelial tissues from underlying mesenchyma.
- Tissue type
- Pack size
- 5 x 100 mg (approx) powder aliquots (separate tubes)
- Product use
- Reconstitute a single powder aliquot by adding 4 mL of PBS directly to the tube supplied, to make up a 10x solution. Gently swirl to ensure complete solubilization. Sterile filter this 10x solution with a syringe-top filter into a 50 mL tube, then add 36 mL of sterile PBS to make up the 1x solution. The quantity of powder included in each aliquot will vary slightly from lot-to-lot, according to the lot-specific activity. The amount of powder included will always deliver a final 1x activity of 2.4 U/mL after solubilisation. This solution may be stored at 4°C for use within 2 weeks, or aliquoted into 15 mL tubes and frozen at -20°C for use within 6 months. For recommended isolation protocols, please visit the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- Storage / Shelf life
- Store at 4°C in powder form. See label for expiry date. After reconstitution with PBS, CnT-DNP-10 should be aliquoted into desired quantities (e.g. 15 mL), and the aliquots refrozen and stored at -20°C for use within 6 months. Avoid additional freeze and thaw cycles. Thaw aliquots at at 4°C, and store at this temperature until use. Use within 2 weeks of thawing.
- Quality control
- Tested for sterility and successful isolation of primary epithelial cells.
- Shipping condition
- CnT-DNP-10 can be shipped alone at ambient temperature, or included with other frozen products.
- Inhibitors: EDTA; EGTA; Hg2+; heavy metals; not inhibited by serum Activators: Ca2+; Mg2+; Mn2+; Fe2+; Fe3+; Al3+ pH optimum: 6 to 8.5
- Intended use
- For research use only. Not for use in therapy or diagnostics.
- Activity concentration
- The final 1 x solution has an activity of approximately 2.4 U / mL
- Last update