CnT-Prime Airlift is a fully defined medium used during the air-lift phase of full thickness skin model establishment.
It can easily be upgraded for clinical applications. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details and pricing.
FT models established using CnT-Prime Airlift medium can be established simply and reliably without the need for the complication of collagen gels. This is possible as a result of the high levels of ECM secreted by fibroblasts growing in this medium, as is seen in vivo.
The protocol for establishing the models is characterized by 3 key steps:
i) Seed fibroblasts into inserts in CnT-PR-F medium, and grow in submerged culture for 9-10 days.
ii) Seed keratinocytes on top of the dermal fibroblast layer, and switch to CnT-PR-FTAL medium.
iii) Grow the models for 3 days in submerged culture, then raise to the air-liquid interface for a further 12 days.
A fully detailed protocol for establishing the FT models can be found here.
Now availabe: free sample kits (#CnT-FT-SAMPLE) containing CnT-PR and CnT-PR-FTAL media, plus 6 inserts.
Keratinocytes and fibroblasts are available separately in the Full Thickness Primary Cell Value Pack (#CnT-FT-CELLS).
For more details about the reusable Spacer Plates (#CnT-SP) that increase medium volume of standard 12-well plates during air-lift culture, please click here.
CnT-PR-FTAL5 is a fully defined medium. It is used during the air-lift culture period whilst establishing full thickness skin models (3D co-cultures of primary fibroblasts and keratinocytes).
- Developed using human cells.
- Tissue type
- Pack size
- 500 mL bottle, fully supplemented with growth factors. No further additions required.
- Product use
- Developed to provide balanced co-culture of primary human fibroblasts and keratinocytes during air-lift culture. Used in conjunction with CnT-PR-F proliferation medium (see written protocols for full details).
- Media Type
- Culture condition
- This medium is designed for use in a 5% CO2 atmosphere. For suggested seeding and culture protocols, please visit the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- For routine cell cultivation, CELLnTEC does not recommend the use of antibiotics / antimycotics.
- Storage / Shelf life
- Store frozen below -15oC. For best before date, see label. To prepare medium for use, it is preferable to thaw overnight at 4oC. Alternatively, medium may be thawed at room temperature for approx 5-6 hours. If thawing at room temperature, ensure contents do not rise above 12oC at the end of the thawing process. Once thawed, medium has a remaining shelf-life of 6-weeks when stored at 4oC in the dark. Certain culture media components are very sensitive to light. Minimize light exposure at all times.
- Quality control
- Media composition is tested via osmolality, pH and the concentration of various ions. Free of bacteria, fungi and mycoplasma contamination.
- Shipping condition
- Medium is shipped frozen.
- Intended use
- For research use only. Not for use in therapy or diagnostics.
- Last update