Differentiation and melanin expression is increased 2.5x after melanocytes are switched to CnT-PR-MD Melanocyte Differentiation medium.
CnT-PR-MD medium is specifially tailored to create the ideal environemnt for melanocyte differentiation.
In this way it differs from standard melanocyte media, which contain a mixture of signals and aim to provide both proliferation and melanin expression in parallel. However the cells do not receive such mixed signals in vivo, and are unable to provide both these behaviours optimally at the same time.
The new Melanocyte Differentiation (#CnT-PR-MD) medium is specifically designed only with differentiation in mind. As a result, it delivers 2.5x more melanin and increased dendricity compared with the proliferative CnT-40 medium.
It can easily be upgraded for clinical applications. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details and pricing.
CnT-PR-MD may also be used in conjunction with the CnT-PR-MH Melanocyte Homeostasis medium when conducting melanocyte whitening assays.
Melanocyte Differentiation Medium
CnT-PR-MD is a fully supplemented, frozen, and ready to use culture medium. It does not contain or antibiotics / antimycotics, and is free of PMA and TPA.
- Developed for human melanocytes. May be used for other species as well.
- Tissue type
- Pack size
- 250 mL bottle, fully supplemented with growth factors. No further additions required.
- Product use
- Developed for differentiation and increased melanin expression of primary human melanocytes in primary culture. Cells must be grown to near confluence first in CnT-40 medium, then switched to CnT-PR-MD medium to induce differentiation (5 days).
- Media Type
- Culture condition
- This medium is designed for use in a 5% CO2 atmosphere. For suggested cell culture protocols, please see our resources section.
- For routine cell cultivation, CELLnTEC recommends to work without antibiotics / antimycotics.
- Storage / Shelf life
- Store frozen below -15oC. For best before date, see label.
To prepare medium for use, it is preferable to thaw overnight at 4oC. Alternatively, medium may be thawed at room temperature for approx 5-6 hours. If thawing at room temperature, ensure contents do not rise above 15oC at the end of the thawing process. Do not thaw in a hot water bath.
Once thawed, medium has a remaining shelf-life of 6-weeks when stored at 4oC in the dark. Certain culture media components are very sensitive to light. Minimize light exposure at all times.
- Quality control
- Media functionality and cell morphology tested by cell cultivation with primary human melanocytes. Osmolality, pH and concentration of various ions are tested. Free of bacteria, fungi and mycoplasma contamination.
- Shipping condition
- CnT-PR-MD is shipped frozen.
- Intended use
- For research use only. Not for use in therapy or diagnostics.
- Last update