CnT-Prime is a fully defined, animal-component-free culture medium for isolation and expansion of epithelial cells from skin, cornea, gingiva, mammary and bladder tissue. It was developed using human tissue, but may also be used with other species (e.g. mouse).
It can easily be upgraded for clinical applications. Contact us at email@example.com for further details and pricing.
It is an evolution and refinement of our previous PCT media such as CnT-07, CnT-20, and CnT-24.
It uses an optimsed basal medium with additional trace elements, protective antioxidants and vitamins.
The basal medium is also supplemented with a range of Progenitor Cell Tareted (PCT) growth factors to extend longevity, and co-factors to improve growth factor binding to membrane-bound receptors.
For maximum isolation efficiency from epithelial tissues, it is recommended to supplement CnT-PR with the IsoBoost supplement (#CnT-ISO-50), which has been found to double cell yield in the first week of culture.
Primary epithelial cells growing in CnT-PR retain deliver extended growth. For differentiation experiments, it is recommended to switch to the CnT-PR-D differentiation medium.
The medium undergo a range of QC tests in our lab before being released for sale. Please see the datasheet for details.
Thawing, seeding and passaging protocols are particularly important for optimal cell growth. Please visit our Protocols Page for our recommendations.
Please visit our publications database and search by tissue type to obtain a range of articles that have used CELLnTEC primary cells and media in this specific field.
CnT-Prime, Epithelial Culture Medium
CnT-Prime is a fully defined, low calcium (0.07 mM) medium formulation designed for optimal growth and longevity of primary epithelial cells (skin, cornea, oral, mammary). It is completely free of animal or human-derived components. CnT-Prime contains a full range of amino acids, minerals, vitamins and organic compounds, plus growth factors to deliver strong cell proliferation, and cofactors to improve growth factor binding to cell surface receptors. CnT-Prime also contains PCT factors that maximise retention of proliferative progenitor cells, increase longevity, and minimise loss through differentiation. It does not contain phenol-red, or antibiotics / antimycotics.
- Developed for primary human epithelial cells. May be used for other species as well, including mouse.
- Tissue type
- Skin, Oral, Cornea, Mammary, Bladder
- Pack size
- 500 mL bottle, fully supplemented with growth factors. No further additions required.
- Product use
- Developed specifically to deliver strong proliferation and extended longevity of primary epithelial cells in a fully defined environment. The inclusion of PCT factors increases retention of proliferative progenitor cells, and minimise loss through differentiation. Not recommended for use when inducing differentiation. For differentiation work, please use CnT-PR-D medium. When using CnT-PR for isolation, addition of the IsoBoost supplement (#CnT-ISO-50) has been found to double cell yields.
- Media Type
- Culture condition
- This medium is designed for use in a 5% CO2 atmosphere. For suggested isolation, passaging, differentiation and freezing protocols, please visit the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- For routine cell cultivation, CELLnTEC does not recommend the use of antibiotics / antimycotics. During isolation, antibiotics / antimycotics are recommended up until the end of P1.
- Storage / Shelf life
- Store frozen below -15oC. For best before date, see label. To prepare medium for use, it is preferable to thaw overnight at 4oC. Alternatively, medium may be thawed at room temperature for approx 5-6 hours. If thawing at room temperature, ensure contents do not rise above 15oC at the end of the thawing process. Do not thaw in a hot water bath. Once thawed, medium has a remaining shelf-life of 6-weeks when stored at 4oC in the dark. Certain culture media components are very sensitive to light. Minimize light exposure at all times.
- Quality control
- Media composition is tested via osmolality, pH and the concentration of various ions. Media functionality is tested by evaluating growth and morphology or primary human epithelial cells over at least 2 passages. Free of bacteria, fungi and mycoplasma contamination.
- Shipping condition
- Medium is shipped frozen.
- Intended use
- For research use only. Not for use in therapy or diagnostics.
- Last update