CELLnTEC’s HBLAK long-term human bladder epithelial cells are spontaneously transformed cells that provide the convenience of long-term cell growth without senescence.
These cells have been isolated from normal tissue and have not been actively transformed.
The HBLAK cells retain the ability to differentiate and form 3D cultures.
Long-Term cells are provided at approx passage 25, and come with a guarantee of at least 6 months of growth post delivery.
As with all cell cultures that deliver long-term growth, it is recommended to expand the cells after initial delivery, then freeze-down a group of stock vials. Experiments should then be conducted in the subsequent approx. 15-20 passages after thawing each of the stock vials.
One 15-20 passages have been completed, the culture should be discarded, and a new culture started from a fresh stock vial.
Bladder Epithelium Progenitors, Long-Term
Spontaenously immortalised human bladder epithelial cells, cryo preserved at approx P25.
- Human, single donor, bladder
- Tissue type
- Pack size
- HBLAK is a vial containing > 5 x 105 cells (1 mL)
- Culture medium
- For cultivation instructions, please see general cultivation protocol in the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- Recommended seeding density after passaging: 4 x 103 cells / cm2. For detailed passaging instructions, please see general cultivation protocol in the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- Av. time to confluence
- 8 days after thawing, then approx 7 days subsequently (depending on temperature, seeding density and protocol)
- Guaranteed to provide at least 6 months further growth when grown in CnT-PR medium.
- Storage / Shelf life
- Immediately upon arrival, transfer the cryo vial to the liquid nitrogen container until ready to use. Medium storage: refer to medium label and data sheet.
- Recommended seeding density after thawing: 4,000 cells cm2. For thawing instructions, please see general cultivation protocol in the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- Recommended freezing density: 1 x 106 cells / mL. For freezing instructions, please see general cultivation protocol in the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- Quality control
- Tested negative for Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and HIV-1. Free of bacteria, fungi and mycoplasma contamination.
- Shipping condition
- Cells are shipped on dry ice.
- Bladder cells are sensitive to trypsin and trypsin like enzymes. The use of these enzymes impairs the cell attachment and cell growth, therefore CELLnTEC recommends the use of Accutase for detachement. For routine cell cultivation CELLnTEC recommends to work without antibiotics / antimycotics.
- Intended use
- For research use only. Not for use in therapy or diagnostics.
- Last update