HCEP primary human corneal cells growing in fully defined CnT-PR medium benefit from the presence of PCT factors that aid retention of proliferative progenitors, and reduce differentiation.
The HCEP cells are provided cryopreserved in the fully defind CRYO-Defined culture medium, to maximise recovery after thawing.
The cultures undergo a range of QC tests in our lab before being released for sale, and are also covered by our longevity guarantee. Please see the datasheet for details.
HCEP cells may also be grown in CnT-57 medium if desired. This low-BPE medium can improve attachment and proliferation on standard cell culture plastic for some cell lots. Please enquire for details.
The thawing, seeding and passaging protocols are particularly important for optimal cell growth. Please visit our Protocols Page for our recommendations.
Please visit our publications database and search by tissue type to obtain a range of articles that have used CELLnTEC primary cells and media in this specific field.
Corneal Epithelium Progenitors
Normal human corneal epithelial progenitor cells, cryo preserved at P2.
- Human, single donor, cornea
- Tissue type
- Pack size
- Vial containing > 5 x 105 viable cells (1 mL).
- Culture medium
- CnT-PR or CnT-57. Improved growth rate and longevity may be obtained with CnT-57 for some lots. Please enquire for details.
- For cultivation instructions, please see general cultivation protocol in the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- Recommended seeding density after passaging: 4 x 103 cells / cm2 . For passaging instructions, please see general cultivation protocol, on our resources section.
- Av. time to confluence
- 7 to 10 days (depending on temperature, seeding density and protocol)
- Guaranteed to provide at least 12 population doublings when grown in CnT-Prime medium.
- Storage / Shelf life
- Immediately upon arrival transfer the cryo vial to the liquid nitrogen container, until ready to use. Medium storage: refer to medium label and data sheet.
- Recommended seeding density after thawing: 4 x 103 cells / cm2. For thawing instructions, please see general cultivation protocol in the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- Recommended freezing density: 1 x 106 cells / mL. For freezing instructions, please see general cultivation protocol in the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- Quality control
- Tested negative for Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and HIV-1. Free of bacteria, fungi and mycoplasma contamination.
- Shipping condition
- Cells are shipped on dry ice.
- For routine cell cultivation CELLnTEC recommends to work without antibiotics / antimycotics.
- Intended use
- For research use only. Not for use in therapy or diagnostics.
- Last update