HEMas primary human melanocytes (adult) growing in CnT-40 medium benefit from the presence of PCT factors and other cofactors that provide strong proliferation and extended longevity.
Melanocytes growing in CnT-40 demonstrate a proliferative, mainly bipolar phenotype. They retain melanin expression.
The HEMas cells are provided cryopreserved in the fully defind CRYO-Defined culture medium, to maximise recovery after thawing.
The cultures undergo a range of QC tests in our lab before being released for sale, and are also covered by our longevity guarantee. Please see the datasheet for details.
The thawing, seeding and passaging protocols are particularly important for optimal cell growth. Please visit our Protocols Page for our recommendations.
Epidermal Melanocytes, Adult, Single Donor
Normal human epidermal melanocytes, isolated from adult donor material, cryo preserved at P2.
- Human, adult, single donor
- Tissue type
- Pack size
- Vial containing > 5 x 105 viable cells per vial (1 mL)
- Culture medium
- For cultivation instructions, please see general cultivation protocol, in the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- Recommended seeding density after passaging: 4 x 103 cells / cm2. For passaging instructions, please see general cultivation protocol in the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- Av. time to confluence
- 4 to 5 days (depending on temperature, seeding density and protocol)
- Guaranteed to provide at least 15 population doublings when grown in CnT-40 medium.
- Storage / Shelf life
- Immediately upon arrival transfer the cryo vial to the liquid nitrogen container, until ready to use.
- Recommended seeding density after thawing: 4 x 103 cells / cm2. For thawing instructions, please see general cultivation protocol in the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- Recommended freezing density: 1 x 106 cells / mL. For freezing instructions, please see general cultivation protocol in the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- Quality control
- Tested negative for Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and HIV-1. Free of bacteria, fungi and mycoplasma contamination.
- Shipping condition
- Cells are shipped on dry ice.
- For routine cell cultivation CELLnTEC recommends to work without antibiotics / antimycotics.
- Intended use
- For research use only. Not for use in therapy or diagnostics.
- Last update