FT Model established with media included in the PRFT-24 kit.
The PRFT-24 Starter Kit (no cells) contains all the media necessary to establish full thickness 3D skin models from primary keratinocyte and fibroblast cultures in your own lab.
Kit contents include media for 2D proliferation of keratinocytes and fibroblasts, CnT-PR-FTAL5 Medium for full thickness airlift culture, one CnT-SP spacer plate to increase medium volume with standard 12-well plates, plus 24 FT inserts for air-lift culture. For details, please see the datasheet.
Primary keratinocytes and fibroblasts are not included in this kit. These cells can be established in your lab using the CnT-PR and CnT-PR-F media using our recommended protocols, or alternatively they can be purchased together with FT media within the PRFT-CELLS-24 kit, or separately in the CnT-FT-CELLS cell value pack.
The 3D models can be routinely established using our recommended protocol.
3D FT Starter Kit (No Cells)
Starter kit containing all media necessary for the establishment of 3 dimensional full thickness skin models at the air-liquid interface. The kit includes CnT-PR and CnT-PR-F proliferation media, CnT-PR-FTAL medium for full thickness air-lift culture, CnT-SP spacer plate and 24 cell culture inserts (0.4 um pore size). Kit does not include primary cells.
- Tissue type
- Pack size
- PRFT-24 is a kit consisting of:
- 1 x CnT-PR: 500 mL kit of CnT-Prime Epithelial Culture Medium
- 1 x CnT-PR-F: 500 mL kit of CnT-Prime Fibroblast Culture Medium
- 1 x CnT-PR-FTAL5: one 500 mL kit of CnT-Prime FTAL5 Full Thickness Air-Lift Culture Medium
- 1 x CnT-SP: Spacer Plate for 12-Well Plates
- 24 x FT Inserts: 12 mm diameter, 0.4 µm pore size
- Culture medium
- Media included in the kit: CnT-PR Epithelial Medium (keratinocyte proliferation), CnT-PR-F Fibroblast Medium (fibroblast proliferation), CnT-PR-FTAL Full Thickness Air-Lift Medium.
All media are designed for use in a 5% CO2 atmosphere.
Media must be thawed overnight at 4oC just prior to use.
- For isolation, thawing, seeding and passaging instructions of primary keratinocytes and fibroblasts, please see the general cultivation protocol in the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- For optimal 3D stratification, use primary cells within 10-12 population doublings of thawing.
- Storage / Shelf life
- Store media at -20°C. Thaw overnight at 4oC prior to use, or alternatively at room temperature for approx 5 hours. Do not thaw in a hot water bath. For expiry date of frozen medium, refer to medium label. Storage of thawed medium: 4°C in the dark, use within 6 weeks of thawing.
Important: The quality of cell culture media is rapidly degraded by light. Store in the dark, and minimize all light exposure during handling.
Inserts: room temperature. One year from date of purchase.
- Quality control
- Media tested free of bacteria, fungi and mycoplasma contamination.
- Shipping condition
- All kit components are shipped together on dry ice.
- All kit components can all be purchased separately.
- Intended use
- For research use only. Not for use in therapy or diagnostics.
- Last update