CnT-Prime Co-Culture is a fully defined (serum and BPE-free) medium for the co-culture of primary human keratinocytes and fibroblasts.
Unlike serum-containing media or specialty media designed only for keratinocytes, CnT-PR-CC is specifically designed to encourage balanced growth of the two cell types.
It can easily be upgraded for clinical applications. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details and pricing.
Primary keratinocytes and fibroblasts are initially expanded in their respective media. When seeded at a 50:50 ratio into standard 2D culture, both cell types proliferate.
At confluency, the cultures display the characteristic keratinocyte progenitor cell colonies (small and tight cobblestone morphology), surounded by fibroblasts (see image below).
Further testing of the co-culture medium with a variety of protocols and culture methods is continuing. Please contact us for latest info, and recommendations for your particular application.
CnT-Prime CC, Keratinocyte/Fibroblast Co-Culture Medium
CnT-Prime Co-Culture Medium is specifically formulated to allow balanced co-culture of both epithelial and stromal cells in a fully defined environment.
- Developed for primary human epithelial and stromal cells. May be used for other species as well, including mouse.
- Tissue type
- Pack size
- 250 mL bottle, fully supplemented with growth factors. No further additions required.
- Product use
- Developed specifically to maintain balanced co-culture of epithelial and stromal cells. Requires a specific protocol for cell preparation and seeding. Please see the protocol in the resources section of www.cellntec.com for more details.
- Media Type
- Culture condition
- This medium is designed for use in a 5% CO2 atmosphere. For suggested seeding and culture protocols, please visit the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- For routine cell cultivation, CELLnTEC does not recommend the use of antibiotics / antimycotics.
- Storage / Shelf life
- Store frozen below -15oC. For best before date, see label. To prepare medium for use, it is preferable to thaw overnight at 4oC. Alternatively, medium may be thawed at room temperature for approx 5-6 hours. If thawing at room temperature, ensure contents do not rise above 12oC at the end of the thawing process. Once thawed, medium has a remaining shelf-life of 6-weeks when stored at 4oC in the dark. Certain culture media components are very sensitive to light. Minimize light exposure at all times.
- Quality control
- Media composition is tested via osmolality, pH and the concentration of various ions. Media functionality is tested by evaluating growth and morphology of primary human epithelial and stromal cells. Free of bacteria, fungi and mycoplasma contamination.
- Shipping condition
- Medium is shipped frozen.
- Intended use
- For research use only. Not for use in therapy or diagnostics.
- Last update