CnT-Prime 3D Barrier is a fully defined, animal-component-free medium designed to deliver maximal differentiation and increased barrier function in 3D epidermal keratinocyte models. It was developed using human tissue, but may also be used with other species (e.g. mouse).
It can easily be upgraded for clinical applications. Contact us at email@example.com for further details and pricing.
It is an evolution and refinement of our previous 3D differentiation medium, CnT-02-3DP.
It uses an optimsed basal medium with additional trace elements, protective antioxidants and vitamins.
This medium is specifically designed to create an environment conducive to full differentiation, and the formation of a strong epidermal barrier (more info). It does not contain PCT growth factors, or other proliferative factors that retard differentiation.
CnT-PR-3D medium is used to establish 3D epidermal models using primary human keratinocytes growing in CnT-Prime (CnT-PR) medium. This can be achieved with 12 days of air-lift culture according to our recommended protocol (see protocol link below).
The 3D Barrier medium is also available as part of our 3D Starter kits, that contain all components necessary for the establishment of 3D epidermal models.
Like to try a test sample? Click here for more information.
The medium undergoes a range of QC tests in our lab before being released for sale. Please see the datasheet for details.
Thawing, seeding and passaging protocols are particularly important for optimal cell growth in routine 2D culture. Please visit our Protocols Page for our recommendations.
Please visit our publications database and search by tissue type to obtain a range of articles that have used CELLnTEC primary cells and media in this specific field.
CnT-Prime 3D Barrier Medium
CnT-Prime 3D Barrier is a fully defined medium formulation designed for optimal differentiation of primary human epidermal keratinocytes in 3D airlift cultures. It is completely free of animal or human-derived components. CnT-Prime 3D Barrier contains a full range of amino acids, minerals, vitamins and organic compounds, and modified growth factors to deliver increased barrier function. It also contains additional lipids, which may require warming to room temperature to re-solubilize after thawing (see below). It does not contain phenol-red, or antibiotics / antimycotics.
- Developed for primary human epidermal keratinocytes. May be used for other species as well, including mouse.
- Tissue type
- Pack size
- 500 mL bottle, fully supplemented with growth factors. No further additions required.
- Product use
- Developed for the establishment of fully stratified cultures of primary human epidermal keratinocytes with increased barrier function. For a detailed instructions describing the development of the 3D models, please see the differentiation protocols in the resources section of www.cellntec.com.
- Media Type
- Culture condition
- This medium is designed for use in a 5% CO2 atmosphere. For a detailed differentiation protocol, please visit the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- For routine cell cultivation, CELLnTEC does not recommend the use of antibiotics / antimycotics. This is particularly important during differentiation.
- Storage / Shelf life
- Store frozen below -15oC. For best before date, see label. To prepare medium for use, it is preferable to thaw overnight at 4oC. Alternatively, medium may be thawed at room temperature for approx 5-6 hours. Once thawed, lipids that have not fully re-solubilised in the cold aqueous medium may be visible as a thin milky layer at the bottom of the bottle. To solubilize these lipids, warm medium to room temperature and swirl gently. Do not thaw medium in a hot water bath. Once thawed, medium has a remaining shelf-life of 6-weeks when stored at 4oC in the dark. Certain culture media components are very sensitive to light. Minimize light exposure at all times.
- Quality control
- Media composition is tested via osmolality, pH and the concentration of various ions. Media functionality is tested by differentiating primary human epithelial cells in 3D airlift culture. Free of bacteria, fungi and mycoplasma contamination.
- Shipping condition
- Medium is shipped frozen.
- Intended use
- For research use only. Not for use in therapy or diagnostics.
- Last update