Fibroblasts growing in CnT-PR-ECM deliver 5x more collagen than proliferative cells growing in CnT-PR-F.
CnT-Prime ECM is a fully defined medium that triggers high ECM production by fibroblasts isolated from a range of tissues. It was developed using human tissue, but may also be used with other species (e.g. mouse).
It can easily be upgraded for clinical applications. Contact us at email@example.com for further details and pricing.
CnT-PR-ECM enables cells to produce in-vivo like quantities of ECM as a result of its altered growth factor mix (which shifts the focus away from strong proliferation), and the presence of vitamin C.
When evaluating collagen secretion, it is strongly recommended to evaluate total collagen using in-well lysis of all the cells and deposited ECM (as opposed to evaluation of only the supernatant), and to normalise the results for cell number using gDNA.
A complete protocol is available for download.
CnT-Prime ECM is a fully defined medium. It is supplemented with a range of growth factors, and vitamin C.
- May be used for human, mouse and rat tissue.
- Tissue type
- Pack size
- 250 mL bottle, fully supplemented with growth factors. No further additions required.
- Product use
- Developed specifically to trigger high ECM secreation by confluent fibroblast cultures. Cultures must first be grown to confluence in the CnT-PR-F proliferation medium, and then switched to CnT-PR-ECM.
- Media Type
- Culture condition
- This medium is designed for use in a 5% CO2 atmosphere. For suggested seeding and culture protocols, please visit the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- For routine cell cultivation, CELLnTEC does not recommend the use of antibiotics / antimycotics.
- Storage / Shelf life
- Store frozen below -15oC. For best before date, see label.
To prepare medium for use, it is preferable to thaw overnight at 4oC. Alternatively, medium may be thawed at room temperature for approx 5-6 hours. If thawing at room temperature, ensure contents do not rise above 12oC at the end of the thawing process.
Once thawed, medium has a remaining shelf-life of 6-weeks when stored at 4oC in the dark. Certain culture media components are very sensitive to light. Minimize light exposure at all times.
- Quality control
- Media composition is tested via osmolality, pH and the concentration of various ions. Free of bacteria, fungi and mycoplasma contamination.
- Shipping condition
- Medium is shipped frozen.
- Intended use
- For research use only. Not for use in therapy or diagnostics.
- Last update