CnT-Prime Airlift is a fully defined medium used during the air-lift phase of full thickness skin model establishment.
It can easily be upgraded for clinical applications. Contact us at email@example.com for further details and pricing.
FT models established using CnT-Prime Airlift medium can be established simply and reliably without the need for the complication of collagen gels. This is possible as a result of the high levels of ECM secreted by fibroblasts growing in this medium, as is seen in vivo.
The protocol for establishing the models is characterized by 3 key steps:
i) Seed fibroblasts into inserts in CnT-PR-F medium, and grow in submerged culture for 9-10 days.
ii) Seed keratinocytes on top of the dermal fibroblast layer, and switch to CnT-PR-FTAL medium.
iii) Grow the models for 3 days in submerged culture, then raise to the air-liquid interface for a further 12 days.
A fully detailed protocol for establishing the FT models can be found here.
Keratinocytes and fibroblasts are available separately in the Full Thickness Primary Cell Value Pack (#CnT-FT-CELLS).
For more details about the reusable Spacer Plates (#CnT-SP) that increase medium volume of standard 12-well plates during air-lift culture, please click here.
Now Availabe: Free Sample Kits (#CnT-FT-SAMPLE) containing CnT-PR-F and CnT-PR-FTAL media, plus 6 inserts.
Free samples of CnT-PR-FTAL5 medium plus 6 inserts are available for selected new customers along with an order for standard CnT-PR expansion medium.
CnT-PR-FTAL5 is a fully defined medium. It is used during the air-lift culture period whilst establishing full thickness skin models (3D co-cultures of primary fibroblasts and keratinocytes).
- Developed using human cells.
- Tissue type
- Pack size
- 500 mL bottle, fully supplemented with growth factors. No further additions required.
- Product use
- Developed to provide balanced co-culture of primary human fibroblasts and keratinocytes during air-lift culture. Used in conjunction with CnT-PR-F proliferation medium (see written protocols for full details).
- Media Type
- Culture condition
- This medium is designed for use in a 5% CO2 atmosphere. For suggested seeding and culture protocols, please visit the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- For routine cell cultivation, CELLnTEC does not recommend the use of antibiotics / antimycotics.
- Storage / Shelf life
- Store frozen below -15 °C. For best before date, see label. To prepare medium for use, thaw in a water bath set to room temperature. Do not use higher temperatures. Swirl frequently, approximately every 20 min, to ensure good mixing of the ingredients and temperature equilibration. Stop at melting of the last bit of ice to prevent warming at the end of the thawing process. Once thawed, medium has a remaining shelf-life of 6 weeks when stored at 4 °C in the dark. Certain culture media components are very sensitive to light. Minimize light exposure at all times.
- Quality control
- Media composition is tested via osmolality, pH and the concentration of various ions. Free of bacteria, fungi and mycoplasma contamination.
- Shipping condition
- Medium is shipped frozen.
- Intended use
- For research use only. Not for use in therapy or diagnostics.
- Last update