CELLnTEC’s long-term rat fibroblasts are spontaneously transformed cells that provide the convenience of long-term cell growth without senescence.
These cells have been isolated from normal tissue and have not been actively transformed.
Long-Term cells are provided at approx passage 25, and come with a guarantee of at least 6 months of growth post delivery.
As with all cell cultures that deliver long-term growth, it is recommended to expand the cells after initial delivery, then freeze-down a group of stock vials. Experiments should then be conducted in the subsequent approx. 15-20 passages after thawing each of the stock vials.
One 15-20 passages have been completed, the culture should be discarded, and a new culture started from a fresh stock vial.
Rat dermal fibroblasts. Long-term culture, cryo preserved at approx. passage 25.
- Rat, Wistar
- Tissue type
- Pack size
- DF-R is a vial containing > 5 x 105 viable cells (1mL)
- Culture medium
- For cultivation instructions, please see general cultivation protocol in the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- Recommended seeding density after passaging: 4 x 103 cells / cm2. For passaging instructions, please see general cultivation protocol in the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- Av. time to confluence
- 5 to 7 days (depending on temperature, seeding density and protocol)
- Guaranteed to provide an additional 6 months of continuous growth when used with the recommended medium.
- Storage / Shelf life
- Immediately upon arrival transfer the cryo vial to the liquid nitrogen container, until ready to use. Medium storage: refer to medium label and data sheet.
- Recommended seeding density after thawing: 4 x 103 cells / cm2. For passaging instructions, please see general cultivation protocol in the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- Recommended freezing density: 1 x 106 cells / mL. For passaging instructions, please see general cultivation protocol in the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- Quality control
- Free of bacteria, fungi and mycoplasma contamination.
- Shipping condition
- Cells are shipped on dry ice.
- For routine cell cultivation CELLnTEC recommends to work without antibiotics / antimycotics.
- Intended use
- For research use only. Not for use in therapy or diagnostics.
- Last update