HBEP are currently out of stock – we are currently searching for new sources of human bladder biopsies. The HBLAK long-term bladder cells remain available.
HBEP primary human bladder epithelial cells growing in CnT-PR medium benefit from the presence of PCT factors that aid retention of proliferative progenitors, and reduce differentiation.
The HBEP cells are provided cryopreserved in the fully defind CRYO-Defined culture medium, to maximise recovery after thawing.
The cultures undergo a range of QC tests in our lab before being released for sale, and are also covered by our longevity guarantee. Please see the datasheet for details.
The thawing, seeding and passaging protocols are particularly important for optimal cell growth. Please visit our Protocols Page for our recommendations.
Please visit our publications database and search by tissue type to obtain a range of articles that have used CELLnTEC primary cells and media in this specific field.
Bladder Epithelium Progenitors
Normal human bladder progenitor cells, cryo preserved at P2.
- Human, single donor, bladder
- Tissue type
- Pack size
- HBEP is a kit consisting of: > 2.2 x 104 cell clumps per vial, equates > 5 x 105 viable cells (1 mL)
- Culture medium
- For cultivation instructions, please see general cultivation protocol in the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- Recommended seeding density after passaging: 4 x 103 cells / cm2. HBEP cells are sensitive to aggressive enzymes such as trypsin. For detailed passaging instructions, please see general cultivation protocol in the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- Av. time to confluence
- 10 to 14 days after thawing, then 7 to 10 days subsequently (depending on temperature, seeding density and protocol)
- Guaranteed to provide 15 population doublings when grown in CnT-Prime medium.
- Storage / Shelf life
- Immediately upon arrival, transfer the cryo vial to the liquid nitrogen container until ready to use. Medium storage: refer to medium label and data sheet.
- Recommended seeding density after thawing: 200 cell clumps / cm2. For thawing instructions, please see general cultivation protocol in the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- Recommended freezing density: 1 x 106 cells / mL. For freezing instructions, please see general cultivation protocol in the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- Quality control
- Tested negative for Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and HIV-1. Free of bacteria, fungi and mycoplasma contamination.
- Shipping condition
- Cells are shipped on dry ice.
- Bladder cells are sensitive to trypsin and trypsin like enzymes. The use of these enzymes impairs the cell attachment and cell growth, therefore CELLnTEC recommends the use of Accutase for detachement. For routine cell cultivation CELLnTEC recommends to work without antibiotics / antimycotics.
- Intended use
- For research use only. Not for use in therapy or diagnostics.
- Last update