CELLnTEC’s long-term canine epidermal keratinocytes are spontaneously transformed cells that provide the convenience of long-term cell growth without senescence.
These cells have been isolated from normal tissue and have not been actively transformed.
The CPEK keratinocytes have been widely characterized, please see our publications page for example references (search for CPEK).
Long-Term cells are provided at approx passage 30, and come with a guarantee of at least 6 months of growth post delivery.
As with all cell cultures that deliver long-term growth, it is recommended to expand the cells after initial delivery, then freeze-down a group of stock vials. Experiments should then be conducted in the subsequent approx. 15-20 passages after thawing each of the stock vials.
One 15-20 passages have been completed, the culture should be discarded, and a new culture started from a fresh stock vial.
Epidermal Keratinocyte Progenitors, Dog
Dog epidermal keratinocytes. Long-term culture, cryo preserved at approx passage 30.
- Dog, beagle
- Tissue type
- Pack size
- One vial containing > 5 x 105 viable cells (1mL)
- Culture medium
- For cultivation instructions, please see general cultivation protocol in the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- Recommended seeding density after passaging: 4 x 103 cells per cm2. For passaging instructions, please see general cultivation protocol in the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- Av. time to confluence
- 5 to 7 days (depending on temperature, seeding density and protocol)
- Guaranteed to provide an additional 6 months of continuous growth when used with the recommended medium.
- Storage / Shelf life
- Immediately upon arrival transfer the cryo vial to the liquid nitrogen container, until ready to use. Medium storage: refer to medium label and data sheet.
- Recommended seeding density after thawing: 8 x 103 cells per cm2. For passaging instructions, please see general cultivation protocol in the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- Recommended freezing density: 1 x 106 cells / mL. For freezing instructions, please see general cultivation protocol in the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- Quality control
- Free of bacteria, fungi and mycoplasma contamination.
- Shipping condition
- Cells are shipped on dry ice.
- For routine cell cultivation CELLnTEC recommends to work without antibiotics / antimycotics.
- Intended use
- For research use only. Not for use in therapy or diagnostics.
- Last update