Keratinocytes in a scratch assay show 5x greater responsiveness to the positive control treatment when growing in CnT-PR-H homeostasis medium compared with the standard proliferation medium.
The CnT-PR-H medium is designed for maintenance of primary human keratinocytes in a homeostatic state with only minimal growth factor stimulii, sufficient to maintain their function for up to a week in culture.
It can easily be upgraded for clinical applications. Contact us at email@example.com for further details and pricing.
In the absence of the strong growth factor stimulation found in standard proliferation media, keratinocytes growing in CnT-PR-H show heighted responsiveness to experimental stimulii (such as active ingredients to stimulate wound closure, as shown at left).
Request your test sample today!
CnT-Prime Keratinocyte Homeostasis Medium
CnT-PR-H is a fully supplemented, frozen, and ready to use culture medium, designed for maintenance of primary keratinocytes un a homeostatic state for up to one week. It does not contain antibiotics / antimycotics.
- Developed for human keratinocytes. May be used for other species as well.
- Tissue type
- Pack size
- 250 mL bottle, fully supplemented with growth factors. No further additions required.
- Product use
- Developed for maintenance of primary keratinocytes in a homoestatic state for up to 1 week of culture.
- Media Type
- Culture condition
- This medium is designed for use in a 5% CO2 atmosphere. For suggested cell culture protocols, please see our resources section.
- For routine cell cultivation, CELLnTEC recommends to work without antibiotics / antimycotics.
- Storage / Shelf life
- Store frozen below -15oC. For best before date, see label.
To prepare medium for use, it is preferable to thaw overnight at 4oC. Alternatively, medium may be thawed at room temperature for approx 5-6 hours. If thawing at room temperature, ensure contents do not rise above 15oC at the end of the thawing process. Do not thaw in a hot water bath.
Once thawed, medium has a remaining shelf-life of 6-weeks when stored at 4oC in the dark. Certain culture media components are very sensitive to light. Minimize light exposure at all times.
- Quality control
- Media functionality and cell morphology tested by cell cultivation with primary human keratinocytes. Osmolality, pH and concentration of various ions are tested. Free of bacteria, fungi and mycoplasma contamination.
- Shipping condition
- CnT-PR-H is shipped frozen.
- Intended use
- For research use only. Not for use in therapy or diagnostics.
- Last update