The CnT-PR-BM.1 basal medium is used in all the CnT-Prime range of media.
It contains a full range of amino acids, vitamins, and minerals.
It contains a low calcium concentration (0.07 mM), that is specifically chosen for optimal long-term proliferation of epithelial progenitor cells.
CnT-Prime Basal Medium
CnT-Prime Basal Medium is a fully defined, low calcium (0.07 mM) basal medium formulation designed for optimal isolation, growth and longevity of primary epithelial cells. It is completely free of animal or human-derived components. CnT-Prime Basal Medium contains a full range of amino acids, minerals, vitamins and organic compounds. It does not contain growth factors, phenol-red, or antibiotics / antimycotics. Growth factors must be added to obtain cell proliferation.
- Developed for primary human epithelial cells. May be used for other species as well, including mouse.
- Tissue type
- Pack size
- 500 mL bottle.
- Product use
- CnT-Prime Basal Medium is the basal medium formulation used during preparation of the CnT-PR, CnT-PR-D, CnT-PR-3D, CnT-PR-CA, CnT-PR-A and CnT-PR-AD media. It does not contain growth factors, and thus can be used when cells must be starved of stimulation for a defined period prior to experimentation.
- Media Type
- Culture condition
- This medium is designed for use in a 5% CO2 atmosphere.
- For routine cell cultivation, CELLnTEC does not recommend the use of antibiotics / antimycotics. During isolation, antibiotics / antimycotics are recommended up until the end of P1.
- Storage / Shelf life
- Store frozen below -15 °C. For best before date, see label. To prepare medium for use, thaw in a water bath set to room temperature. Do not use higher temperatures. Swirl frequently, approximately every 20 min, to ensure good mixing of the ingredients and temperature equilibration. Stop at melting of the last bit of ice to prevent warming at the end of the thawing process. Once thawed, medium has a remaining shelf-life of 6 weeks when stored at 4 °C in the dark. Certain culture media components are very sensitive to light. Minimize light exposure at all times.
- Quality control
- Media composition is tested via osmolality, pH and the concentration of various ions. Media functionality is tested by evaluating growth and morphology or primary human epithelial cells over at least 2 passages (with growth factors added to obtain proliferation). Free of bacteria, fungi and mycoplasma contamination.
- Shipping condition
- Medium is shipped frozen.
- Intended use
- For research use only. Not for use in therapy or diagnostics.
- Last update