Balanced co-culture of keratinocytes & fibroblasts obtained by PR2D-CC starter kit
The Epithelial/Stromal 2D Co-culture Starter Kit (PR2D-CC)
is designed to enable you to establish 2D co-culture models in your lab with ease and fidelity.
The primary keratinocytes (HPEKp) and fibroblasts (HDFp), are initially expanded in their respective proliferation media following our recommended general protocol
The HPEKp and HDFp cells are further seeded at equivalent ratio into standard 2D culture with CnT-PR-CC co-culture medium, wherein they proliferate together as balanced co-culture.
The CnT-PR-CC is tailored to be serum and BPE-free, omits fibroblast inhibitory elements; thereby encouraging fibroblast growth in parallel to the keratinocyte in a fully defined environment.
At confluency, the 2D cultures display the characteristic small and tight cobblestone morphology of keratinocyte progenitor cell colonies, surrounded by the fibroblast cells.
Epithelial/Stromal 2D Co-culture Starter Kit
The new PR2D-CC starter kit provides all the components required for establishing balanced co-culture of primary keratinocytes and fibroblasts in a fully defined environment. The kit includes primary human keratinocyte and fibroblast cells, CnT-PR and CnT-PR-F media for monolayer culture and CnT-PR-CC co-culture medium.
The cells are of human origin and should therefore be handled as hazardous. Although it has been tested negative for HIV 1, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C, treat this material as potentially infectious, and use appropriate biocontainment, protective equipment and other precautions to prevent accidental exposure.
- HPEKp Keratinocytes: Human, pooled (3 or more donors), juvenile.
HDFp Fibroblasts: Human, pooled (3 or more donors), foreskin.
- Tissue type
- Epithelia, Mesenchyme
- Pack size
- PR2D-CC is a kit consisting of:
- 1 x HPEKp: Human Epidermal Keratinocyte Progenitors > 5 x 105 viable cells per vial (1 mL)
- 1 x HDFp: Human Dermal Fibroblasts> 5 x 105 viable cells per vial (1 mL)
- 1 x CnT-PR: 500 mL CnT-Prime Epithelial Culture Medium
- 1 x CnT-PR-F: 500 mL CnT-Prime Fibroblast Proliferation Medium
- 1 x CnT-PR-CC: 250 mL Epithelial/Stromal Co-culture Medium
- 1 x PR2D-CC Data sheet
- Media Type
- Culture medium
- Media included in the kit: CnT-PR Epithelial Culture Medium, CnT-PR-F Fibroblast Proliferation Medium and CnT-PR-CC Epithelial/Stromal Co-culture Medium. All media are designed for use in a 5% CO2 atmosphere. Media must be thawed just prior to use.
- For thawing, seeding and passaging instructions please see the general cultivation protocol in the resources section of www.cellntec.com. For routine cell cultivation, CELLnTEC does not recommend the use of antibiotics / antimycotics.
- Recommended seeding density after passaging: 4 x 103 cells / cm2. For passaging instructions, please see also general cultivation protocol, on our resources section of www.cellntec.com
- Av. time to confluence
- 5 days for monolayer culture of keratinocytes and fibroblasts (depending on temperature, seeding density and protocol).
- Keratinocytes and fibroblasts guaranteed to provide 20 population doublings when grown in CnT-PR and CnT-PR-F, respectively.
- Storage / Shelf life
- Immediately upon arrival transfer the cryo vial to the liquid nitrogen container, until ready to use. Medium storage: -20°C. Thaw overnight at 4oC prior to use, or alternatively at room temperature for approx 5 hours. Do not thaw in a hot water bath. For expiry date of frozen medium, refer to medium label. Storage of thawed medium: 4°C in the dark, use within 6 weeks of thawing. Important: The quality of cell culture media is rapidly degraded by light. Store in the dark, and minimize all light exposure during handling.
- Recommended seeding density after thawing: 4 x 103 cells / cm2. For thawing instructions, please see also general cultivation protocol, on the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- Recommended freezing density: 1 x 106 cells / mL. For freezing instructions, please see also general cultivation protocol, on the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- Quality control
- Primary cells tested negative for Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and HIV-1. Media tested free of bacteria, fungi and mycoplasma contamination.
- Shipping condition
- All kit components are shipped together on dry ice.
- All kit components can all be purchased separately.
- Intended use
- For research use only. Not for use in therapy or diagnostics.
- Last update