CnT-Prime Calcium-Free is a modified version of the CnT-Prime medium.
It is fully defined medium, and free of all human and animal-derived components. It does not contain calcium, which must be added to enable cell attachment and proliferation.
CnT-Prime Calcium-Free is intended for use only in special circumstances, where an unusually low calcium level is required. For routine culture, the standard CnT-Prime medium with the low calcium level of 0.07 mM is recommended.
CnT-PR-CA is a custom product, that requires the manufacture of a modified batch of basal medium. It is available only to order, with a minimum purchase of 12 bottles.
CnT-Prime Calcium Free, Epithelial Culture Medium
CnT-Prime Calcium Free is a fully defined, medium formulation. Calcium must be added to allow proper cell attachment and proliferation. It is completely free of animal or human-derived components. CnT-Prime Calcium Free contains a full range of amino acids, minerals, vitamins and organic compounds, plus growth factors to deliver strong cell proliferation, and cofactors to improve growth factor binding to cell surface receptors. CnT-Prime Calcium Free also contains PCT factors that maximise retention of proliferative progenitor cells, increase longevity, and minimise loss through differentiation. It does not contain phenol-red, or antibiotics / antimycotics.
- Developed for primary human epithelial cells. May be used for other species as well, including mouse.
- Tissue type
- Pack size
- 500 mL bottle, fully supplemented with growth factors. No further additions required.
- Product use
- Requires addition of calcium to allow cell attachment and proliferation. The inclusion of PCT factors increases retention of proliferative progenitor cells, and minimise loss through differentiation. Not recommended for use when inducing terminal differentiation. For differentiation work, please use CnT-PR-D medium.
- Media Type
- Culture condition
- This medium is designed for use in a 5% CO2 atmosphere. For suggested isolation, passaging, differentiation and freezing protocols, please visit the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- For routine cell cultivation, CELLnTEC does not recommend the use of antibiotics / antimycotics. During isolation, antibiotics / antimycotics are recommended up until the end of P1.
- Storage / Shelf life
- Store frozen below -15oC. For best before date, see label. To prepare medium for use, it is preferable to thaw overnight at 4oC. Alternatively, medium may be thawed at room temperature for approx 5-6 hours. If thawing at room temperature, ensure contents do not rise above 15oC at the end of the thawing process. Do not thaw in a hot water bath. Once thawed, medium has a remaining shelf-life of 6-weeks when stored at 4oC in the dark. Certain culture media components are very sensitive to light. Minimize light exposure at all times.
- Quality control
- Media composition is tested via osmolality, pH and the concentration of various ions. Media functionality is tested by evaluating growth and morphology or primary human epithelial cells over at least 2 passages (with 0.07 mM calcium added). Free of bacteria, fungi and mycoplasma contamination.
- Shipping condition
- Medium is shipped frozen.
- Intended use
- For research use only. Not for use in therapy or diagnostics.
- Last update