The establishment of full thickness skin models (3D co-culture) requires primary human keratinocytes and fibroblasts.
The Full Thickness Primary Cell Value Pack (#CnT-FT-CELLS) contains both HPEK primary keratinocytes and HDF primary fibroblasts, that have been used successfully with the CnT-PR-F and CnT-PR-FTAL media to establish fully thickness skin models.
Prior to seeding for the establishment of FT models, the cells should be expanded for 1-2 passages in the following media:
HPEK keratinocytes: CnT-PR medium
HDF fibroblasts: CnT-PR-F medium
The thawing, seeding and passaging protocols are particularly important for optimal cell growth. Please visit our Protocols Page for our recommendations.
Full Thickness Primary Cell Value Pack
A value pack containing two cell vials (i) Normal human epidermal keratinocyte progenitor cells (#HPEKp), isolated from juvenile donor skin, and (ii) normal human dermal fibroblasts (#HDFp), isolated from juvenile skin.
- Human, juvenile
- Tissue type
- Pack size
- Two vials, each containing > 5 x 105 viable cells (1 mL)
- Culture medium
- HPEK: expand in CnT-PR medium. HDF: expand in CnT-PR-F medium.
- For cultivation instructions, please see general cultivation protocol, on our resources section.
- Recommended seeding density after passaging of HPEK: 4 x 103 cells / cm2. Recommended seeding density after passaging of HDF: 1 x 103 cells / cm2. For passaging instructions, please see general cultivation protocol in the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- Av. time to confluence
- 5 to 7 days (depending on temperature, seeding density and protocol)
- For the establishment of FT models, use within 2 passages of thawing to ensure maximum functionality.
- Storage / Shelf life
- Immediately upon arrival transfer the cryo vial to the liquid nitrogen container, until ready to use.
- Recommended seeding density after thawing HPEK: 4 x 103 cells / cm2. Recommended seeding density after thawing HDF: 1 x 103 cells / cm2. For thawing instructions, pleplease see general cultivation protocol in the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- Recommended freezing density: 1 x 106 cells / mL. For freezing instructions, please see general cultivation protocol in the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- Quality control
- Tested negative for Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and HIV-1. Free of bacteria, fungi and mycoplasma contamination.
- Shipping condition
- Cells are shipped on dry ice.
- For routine cell cultivation CELLnTEC recommends to work without antibiotics / antimycotics.
- Intended use
- For research use only. Not for use in therapy or diagnostics.
- Last update