HPEKas primary human epidermal keratinocytes (single adult donor) growing in CnT-PR medium benefit from the presence of PCT factors that aid retention of proliferative progenitors, and reduce differentiation.
This extends not only the lifepsan of the cells, but importantly also the period during which the cells retain the ability to complete complex processes such as 3D differentiation.
The HPEK cells are provided cryopreserved in the fully defind CRYO-Defined culture medium, to maximise recovery after thawing.
The cultures undergo a range of QC tests in our lab before being released for sale, and are also covered by our longevity guarantee. Please see the datasheet for details.
The thawing, seeding and passaging protocols are particularly important for optimal cell growth. Please visit our Protocols Page for our recommendations.
Please visit our publications database and search by tissue type to obtain a range of articles that have used CELLnTEC primary cells and media in this specific field.
Epidermal Keratinocyte Progenitors, Adult, Single Donor
Normal human epidermal keratinocyte progenitor cells, isolated from adult donor material, cryo preserved at early passage.
- Human, adult, single donor, abdominal skin
- Tissue type
- Pack size
- Vial containing 5 x 105 viable cells (1 mL)
- Culture medium
- For cultivation instructions, please see general cultivation protocol, on our resources section.
- Recommended seeding density after passaging: 4 x 103 cells / cm2. For passaging instructions, please see general cultivation protocol in the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- Av. time to confluence
- 5 to 7 days (depending on temperature, seeding density and protocol)
- Guaranteed to provide 15 population doublings when grown in CnT-Prime medium.
- Storage / Shelf life
- Immediately upon arrival transfer the cryo vial to the liquid nitrogen container, until ready to use.
- Recommended seeding density after thawing: 4 x 103 cells / cm2. For thawing instructions, please see general cultivation protocol in the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- Recommended freezing density: 1 x 106 cells / mL. For freezing instructions, please see general cultivation protocol in the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- Quality control
- Tested negative for Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and HIV-1. Free of bacteria, fungi and mycoplasma contamination.
- Shipping condition
- Cells are shipped on dry ice.
- For routine cell cultivation CELLnTEC recommends to work without antibiotics / antimycotics.
- Intended use
- For research use only. Not for use in therapy or diagnostics.
- Last update