FT Model established with the PRFT-CELLS-24 kit.
The FT Starter Kit with Cells (PRFT-CELLS-24) contains everything needed to establish full thickness 3D skin models in your own lab from primary keratinocyte and fibroblast cultures.
The kit contains primary keratinocytes and fibroblasts and their respective media for 2D proliferation, CnT-PR-FTAL5 Medium for full thickness airlift culture, one CnT-SP spacer plate to increase medium volume with standard 12-well plates, plus 24 FT inserts for air-lift culture. For details, please see the datasheet.
The 3D models can be routinely established using our recommended protocol.
3D FT Starter Kit (With Cells)
Starter kit containing all components necessary for the establishment of 3 dimensional full thickness skin models at the air-liquid interface. The kit includes primary human keratinocytes, primary human dermal fibroblasts, CnT-PR and CnT-PR-F proliferation media, CnT-PR-FTAL5 medium for full thickness air-lift culture, CnT-SP spacer plate and 24 cell culture inserts (0.4 um pore size).
The cells are of human origin and should therefore be handled as hazardous. Although it has been tested negative for HIV 1, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C, treat this material as potentially infectious, and use appropriate biocontainment, protective equipment and other precautions to prevent accidental exposure.
- Primary human keratinocytes and fibroblasts (juvenile)
- Tissue type
- Pack size
- PRFT-CELLS-24 is a kit consisting of:
- 1 x HPEKp: Human Epidermal Keratinocyte Progenitors, > 5 x 105 viable cells per vial (1 mL)
- 1 x HDFp: Human Dermal Fibroblasts, 5 x 105 viable cells per vial (1 mL)
- 1 x CnT-PR: 500 mL kit of CnT-Prime Epithelial Culture Medium
- 1 x CnT-PR-F: 500 mL kit of CnT-Prime Fibroblast Culture Medium
- 1 x CnT-PR-FTAL5: 500 mL kit of CnT-Prime FTAL5 Full Thickness Air-Lift Culture Medium
- 1 x CnT-SP: Spacer Plate for 12-Well Plates
- 24 x FT Inserts: 12 mm diameter, 0.4 µm pore size
- Culture medium
- Media included in the kit: CnT-PR Epithelial Medium (keratinocyte proliferation), CnT-PR-F Fibroblast Medium (fibroblast proliferation), CnT-PR-FTAL Full Thickness Air-Lift Medium.
All media are designed for use in a 5% CO2 atmosphere.
Media must be thawed overnight at 4oC just prior to use.
- For thawing, seeding and passaging instructions, please see the general cultivation protocol in the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- Recommended seeding density after passaging in 2D culture: 4 x 103 cells / cm2 (keratinocytes) and 1 x 103 cells / cm2 (fibroblasts). For passaging instructions, please see also general cultivation protocol, on our resources section.
- Av. time to confluence
- 5 to 6 days for monolayer culture of keratinocytes (depending on temperature, seeding density and protocol)
- For optimal 3D stratification, use cells within 10-12 population doublings of thawing.
- Storage / Shelf life
- Cells: Immediately upon arrival transfer the cryo vials to the liquid nitrogen container, until ready to use.
Medium: store at -20°C. Thaw overnight at 4oC prior to use, or alternatively at room temperature for approx 5 hours. Do not thaw in a hot water bath. For expiry date of frozen medium, refer to medium label. Storage of thawed medium: 4°C in the dark, use within 6 weeks of thawing.
Important: The quality of cell culture media is rapidly degraded by light. Store in the dark, and minimize all light exposure during handling.
Inserts: room temperature. One year from date of purchase.
- Recommended seeding density after thawing: 2 to 4 x 103 cells / cm2. For thawing instructions, please see also general cultivation protocol, on the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- Recommended freezing density: 1 x 106 cells / mL. For freezing instructions for keratinocytes, please see also general cultivation protocol, on the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- Quality control
- Primary cells tested negative for Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and HIV-1.
Media tested free of bacteria, fungi and mycoplasma contamination.
- Shipping condition
- The kit components are shipped in two separate boxes (one of them on dry ice).
- All kit components can all be purchased separately.
- Intended use
- For research use only. Not for use in therapy or diagnostics.
- Last update