CELLnTEC’s long-term mouse keratinocytes are spontaneously transformed cells that provide the convenience of long-term cell growth without senescence.
These cells were isolated from normal C57BL/6 mouse skin, and have not been actively transformed.
The MPEK-BL6 keratinocytes have been widely characterized in the literature (search our Publications database), and retain the ability to differentiate.
Long-Term cells are provided at approx passage 30, and come with a guarantee of at least 6 months of growth post delivery.
As with all cell cultures that deliver long-term growth, it is recommended to expand the cells after initial delivery, then freeze-down a group of stock vials. Experiments should then be conducted in the subsequent approx. 15-20 passages after thawing each of the stock vials.
Once 15-20 passages have been completed, the culture should be discarded, and a new culture started from a fresh stock vial.
Epidermal Keratinocyte Progenitors
Mouse epidermal keratinocyte progenitor cells, cryo preserved at approx passage 30. To obtain the guaranteed growth, cells are grown in CnT-PR medium.
- Mouse, C57BL/6, embryonic day 18.5
- Tissue type
- Pack size
- One vial containing > 5 x 105 viable cells (1mL)
- Culture medium
- For cultivation instructions, please see general cultivation protocol, on our recources section. For differentiation, CnT-PR-D medium is recommended. Please see the corresponding differentiation protocol.
- Recommended seeding density after passaging: 4 to 6 x 103 cells / cm2. For passaging instructions, please see general cultivation protocol, on our resources section.
- Av. time to confluence
- 5 to 7 days (depending on temperature, seeding density and protocol)
- Guaranteed to provide an additional 6 months of continuous growth when used with the recommended medium.
- Storage / Shelf life
- Immediately upon arrival transfer the cryo vial to the liquid nitrogen container, until ready to use. Medium storage: refer to medium label and data sheet.
- Recommended seeding density after thawing: 8 x 103cells / cm2. For thawing instructions, please see general cultivation protocol, on our resources section.
- Recommended freezing density: 1 x 106 cells / mL. For freezing instructions, please see general cultivation protocol, on our resources section.
- Quality control
- Free of bacteria, fungi and mycoplasma contamination.
- Shipping condition
- Cells are shipped on dry ice.
- These keratinocytes have been shown to express keratin, and establish adhesion molecules including catenins, cadherins and desmoglein when induced to differentiate. For routine cell cultivation CELLnTEC recommends to work without antibiotics / antimycotics. For isolation, However, we recommend the use of antibiotics / antimycotics up to passage 2. For differentiation, it is recommended to grow the cells in CnT-PR-D medium.
- Intended use
- For research use only. Not for use in therapy or diagnostics.
- Last update