CnT-Prime KM is a fully defined medium for the co-culture of primary human keratinocytes and melanocytes.
Unlike serum-containing media or specialty media designed only for a single cell type, CnT-PR-KM is specifically designed to encourage balanced growth of the two cell types.
It can easily be upgraded for clinical applications. Contact us at email@example.com for further details and pricing.
Primary keratinocytes and melanocytes are initially expanded in CnT-PR and CnT-40 media respectively. Cells are then seeded at the recommended ratio into standard 2D culture, from which point both cell types proliferate.
Further testing of the co-culture medium with a variety of protocols and culture methods is continuing. Please contact us for latest info, and recommendations for your particular application.
CnT-Prime KM, Keratinocyte/Melanocyte Co-Culture Medium
CnT-Prime KM is specifically formulated to allow balanced co-culture of primary human keratinocytes and melanocytes in a fully defined environment.
- Developed for primary human cells. May be used for other species as well, including mouse.
- Tissue type
- Pack size
- 250 mL bottle, fully supplemented with growth factors. No further additions required.
- Product use
- Developed specifically to maintain balanced co-culture of keratinocytes and melanocytes. Requires a specific protocol for cell preparation and seeding. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- Media Type
- Culture condition
- This medium is designed for use in a 5% CO2 atmosphere. For suggested seeding and culture protocols, please visit the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- For routine cell cultivation, CELLnTEC does not recommend the use of antibiotics / antimycotics.
- Storage / Shelf life
- Store frozen below -15 °C. For best before date, see label. To prepare medium for use, thaw in a water bath set to room temperature. Do not use higher temperatures. Swirl frequently, approximately every 20 min, to ensure good mixing of the ingredients and temperature equilibration. Stop at melting of the last bit of ice to prevent warming at the end of the thawing process. Once thawed, medium has a remaining shelf-life of 6 weeks when stored at 4 °C in the dark. Certain culture media components are very sensitive to light. Minimize light exposure at all times.
- Quality control
- Media composition is tested via osmolality, pH and the concentration of various ions. Media functionality is tested by evaluating growth and morphology of primary human epithelial cells and melanocytes. Free of bacteria, fungi and mycoplasma contamination.
- Shipping condition
- Medium is shipped frozen.
- Intended use
- For research use only. Not for use in therapy or diagnostics.
- Last update