HGEPp primary human gingival epithelial cells (pooled) benefit from the presence of PCT factors in the CELLnTEC media that aid retention of proliferative progenitors, and reduce differentiation.
The HGEP cells are provided cryopreserved in the fully defind CRYO-Defined culture medium, to maximise recovery after thawing.
The cultures undergo a range of QC tests in our lab before being released for sale, and are also covered by our longevity guarantee. Please see the datasheet for details.
It is recommended to grow HGEP cells in CnT-57 medium for best growth and longevity. This low-BPE medium improves attachment and proliferation on standard cell culture plastic for most cell lots.
The thawing, seeding and passaging protocols are particularly important for optimal cell growth. Please visit our Protocols Page for our recommendations.
Please visit our publications database and search by tissue type to obtain a range of articles that have used CELLnTEC primary cells and media in this specific field.
Gingival Epithelium Progenitors, Pooled
Normal human gingival progenitor cells, cryo preserved at early passage.
- Human, pooled (3 or more donors), adult gingiva
- Tissue type
- Pack size
- Vial containing > 5 x 105 viable cells (1 mL)
- Culture medium
- CnT-57 is recommended for best growth rate and longevity. CnT-PR possible for some lots, please enquire for details.
- For cultivation instructions, please see general cultivation protocol in the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- Recommended seeding density after passaging: 4 x 103 cells / cm2 . For passaging instructions, please see general cultivation protocol in the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- Av. time to confluence
- 5 to 7 days (depending on temperature, seeding density and protocol)
- Guaranteed to provide 15 population doublings when grown in CnT-57 Medium.
- Storage / Shelf life
- Immediately upon arrival transfer the cryo vial to the liquid nitrogen container, until ready to use.
- Recommended seeding density after thawing: 4 x 103 cells / cm2. For thawing instructions, please see general cultivation protocol in the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- Recommended freezing density: 1 x 106 cells / mL. For freezing instructions, please see general cultivation protocol in the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- Quality control
- Tested negative for Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and HIV-1. Free of bacteria, fungi and mycoplasma contamination.
- Shipping condition
- Cells are shipped on dry ice.
- For routine cell cultivation CELLnTEC recommends to work without antibiotics / antimycotics.
- Intended use
- For research use only. Not for use in therapy or diagnostics.
- Last update