CnT-Prime Differentiation is a fully defined, animal-component free medium designed for differentiation of epithelial cells from skin, cornea, gingiva, mammary and bladder cells. It was developed using human tissue, but may also be used with other species (e.g. mouse).
It can easily be upgraded for clinical applications. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details and pricing.
It is an evolution and refinement of our previous differentiation media, such as CnT-02, CnT-30 and CnT-32.
It uses an optimsed basal medium with additional trace elements, protective antioxidants and vitamins.
This medium is specifically designed to create an environment conducive to full differentiation. This is achieved by omitting PCT growth factors, or other proliferative factors that retard differentiation.
CnT-PR-D medium is a low-calcium formulation. Calcium is known to contribute to the differentiation of confluent epithelial cells. It is recommended to add calcium at the desired time-point – please see our corresponding differentiation protocol for our recommendations (protocols link below).
The medium undergo a range of QC tests in our lab before being released for sale. Please see the datasheet for details.
Thawing, seeding and passaging protocols are particularly important for optimal cell growth in routine 2D culture. Please visit our Protocols Page for our recommendations.
Please visit our publications database and search by tissue type to obtain a range of articles that have used CELLnTEC primary cells and media in this specific field.
CnT-Prime 2D Diff, Epithelial Culture Medium
CnT-Prime 2D Diff is a fully defined, low calcium (0.07 mM) medium formulation designed for optimal differentiation of primary epithelial cells. It is completely free of animal or human-derived components. CnT-Prime 2D Diff contains a full range of amino acids, minerals, vitamins and organic compounds, and modified growth factors to encourage differentiation. It does not contain phenol-red, or antibiotics / antimycotics.
- Developed for primary human epithelial cells. May be used for other species as well, including mouse.
- Tissue type
- Pack size
- 500 mL bottle, fully supplemented with growth factors. No further additions required.
- Product use
- Developed to encourage terminal differentiation of primary epithelial cells in a fully defined environment. For optimal differentiation, epithelial cells must be grown to confluence, and then additional calcium added. For detailed instructions, please see the differentiation protocols in the resources section of www.cellntec.com. For differentiation of epidermal keratinocytes in 3D airlift culture, use CnT-PR-3D medium for improved barrier function.
- Media Type
- Culture condition
- This medium is designed for use in a 5% CO2 atmosphere. For suggested isolation, passaging, differentiation and freezing protocols, please visit the resources section of www.cellntec.com
- For routine cell cultivation, CELLnTEC does not recommend the use of antibiotics / antimycotics. This is particularly important during differentiation.
- Storage / Shelf life
- Store frozen below -15oC. For best before date, see label. To prepare medium for use, it is preferable to thaw overnight at 4oC. Alternatively, medium may be thawed at room temperature for approx 5-6 hours. If thawing at room temperature, ensure contents do not rise above 15oC at the end of the thawing process. Do not thaw in a hot water bath. Once thawed, medium has a remaining shelf-life of 6-weeks when stored at 4oC in the dark. Certain culture media components are very sensitive to light. Minimize light exposure at all times.
- Quality control
- Media composition is tested via osmolality, pH and the concentration of various ions. Media functionality is tested by evaluating growth and morphology or primary human epithelial cells over at least 2 passages. Free of bacteria, fungi and mycoplasma contamination.
- Shipping condition
- Medium is shipped frozen.
- Intended use
- For research use only. Not for use in therapy or diagnostics.
- Last update